At Art’s Way, we believe that people are the most important factor when it comes to building and maintaining a thriving, innovative company. Each day, our team members have the opportunity to make a lasting impact while building trusting relationships with the farmers and producers we serve. We are looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about the agriculture industry that want to contribute to our growth. For over 65 years, Art’s Way is HOW WORK GETS DONE.
The CNC Brake Press Operator will produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Read work orders or production schedules to determine specifications.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines to saw, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend or straighten metal.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines.
- Load work pieces into machines.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Position, align, and secure work pieces against fixtures or stops on machine beds or on dies.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications and examine for defects.
- Maintains safe operations by observing, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Report safety issues related to equipment or work environment to supervisor or Human Resources and adhere to OSHA and Company safety standards.
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience reading blueprints, determining types of tools needed to form parts to match blueprint dimensions, setting up press break with tools chosen, and setting proper setting on brake press to run parts while keeping finished parts in spec of blue prints.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-pasted environment and multi-task.
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines, use good judgment and attentive to details.
- Conceptual skills, process improvement, verbal communication.
- Functional and technical skills, control and instrumentation.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.