At Art’s Way, we believe that people are the most important factor when it comes to building and maintaining a thriving, innovative company. Each day, our team members have the opportunity to make a lasting impact while building trusting relationships with the farmers and producers we serve. We are looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about the agriculture industry that want to contribute to our growth. For over 65 years, Art’s Way is HOW WORK GETS DONE.
Plan, schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle and determine required materials purchases.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Procure a variety of goods and services in accordance with company policies in an MRP environment.
- Review/issue purchase-orders and make necessary changes to include obtaining quotes, negotiating costs, payment terms, and related issues.
- Expedite and track required components or processes to support production schedules.
- Work closely with production and engineering members to strategically resolve supply chain disruptions.
- Will be expected to execute engineering changes within the plant and with external suppliers.
- Assist in resolving supplier-related quality issues.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Perform all duties according to prescribed safety, health, and environmental principles.
- Ability to work well in team environment.
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
- Technical Capacity. Customer/Client Focus.
- Organization Skills. Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency. Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, headsets/headphones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time office salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (unless otherwise agreed upon), totaling a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, or Supply Chain or 2+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of negotiating experience
- Professional certifications (i.e. APICS, ISM, etc.)
- Experience reading blueprints
- Working knowledge of MRP Systems
- Documented MS Office experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.