At Art’s Way, we believe that people are the most important factor when it comes to building and maintaining a thriving, innovative company. Each day, our team members have the opportunity to make a lasting impact while building trusting relationships with the farmers and producers we serve. We are looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about the agriculture industry that want to contribute to our growth. For over 65 years, Art’s Way is HOW WORK GETS DONE.
The Material Handler will operate various types of powered or hand operated industrial equipment to move materials around the plant and warehouses. The Material Handler will ensure accurate storage, movement and entry into the QAD computer system of all items within the facility. The Material Handler will provide various service parts and shipping areas with items needed in a timely manner as well as put away incoming components in accordance with assigned locations, work orders, sales orders and supervisor needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Load and unload pallets and other items with forklift. Move various products to storage, production, and shipping areas. Efficiently stack and store items in Stores and plant areas.
- Pick items needed for work orders for production process or sales orders for parts shipments. Check and count items as they are moved.
- Participate in physical inventory counting and inventory auditing process as needed.
- Perform labeling, sorting, repackaging, wrapping and packing.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include (but not limited to) stand up forklift, sit down forklift, pallet jacks.
- Build oversize pallets, boxes, crates. Strap down shipments, assist with shipping and receiving as needed.
- Refill and monitor inventory levels within the service parts warehouse.
- Must be willing and able to take direction from department supervisors.
- Report safety issues related to equipment or work environment to supervisor or Human Resources and adhere to OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: Throughout the summer months, the employee may be exposed to hot and humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; hearing protection is required in all areas of the plant, 100% of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must lift and/or move items over 20 pounds frequently, and occasionally 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 40 hours per week.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of a high school education, or GED and relevant certifications
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to read work order packets and manufacturing prints
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines
- Prior forklift experience or ability to be trained in forklift operations
- Knowledge of safety regulations and forklift operations
- Computer skills for entry of material movements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.