Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Date: April 24th, 2023
$25-$30/hr based on experience
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
The Industrial Electrician will be responsible for a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The ideal candidate for this job must possess a great attention to safety precautions. This individual should also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Management of plant electrical systems: Regular Inspection, Cost Analysis, Troubleshooting, Design, Fabrication, Wiring, Programmable Logic Controllers/Electrical Systems, Security System and Communications System
- Maintain good relationship with vendors and contractors
- Act as Plant Electrician and Liaison with Engineering department
- Deal with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
- Interpret electrical code of application
- Perform other maintenance related tasks as directed
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Throughout the summer months, the employee may be exposed to hot and humid conditions. This position may require working outside, at times in inclement weather, if needed. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; hearing protection is required in all areas of the plant, 100% of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; up to and occasionally exceeding 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and work at varying heights via ladder, scaffolds, etc. This position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling objects up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm, 40 hours per week. Occasional work outside of schedule may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two year technical/trade degree in an Electrical of study, OR
- High School Diploma or GED and at least two years of Industrial Electrician experience
- Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
- Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V – 480V systems
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Able to read blueprints and ladder logic
- Professionally interact with vendors, employees and management as necessary
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Project planning and coordination skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Computer Skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.