Art’s Way Manufacturing Co., Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of specialized agricultural equipment. We are seeking a Saw Operator to join our team at our Armstrong, Iowa location.
Position Summary: The CNC Saw Operator will produce machined parts by setting up and operating a vertical/horizontal saw, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains safe operations by observing cutting, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs when needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Report safety issues related to equipment or work environment to supervisor or Human Resources and adhere to OSHA and Company safety standards.
- The tasks listed above are not intended limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Requires high school diploma or GED and relevant certifications.
- 2 years of experience in saw operation or equivalent 2 year technical degree preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and multi-task.
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines, use good judgment and is attentive to details.
- Process improvement mentality and has excellent verbal communication.
- Functional and technical skills, control and instrumentation.
- Ability to read work order packets and manufacturing prints.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and work at varying heights. The position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects that are 50 pounds or heavier. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.