Reports to: Customer Success Manager
Date: December 13, 2022
Leadership and coaching are must haves for this position. The shipping and receiving lead position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for daily shipments of service orders.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
- Organizational Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is responsible for coaching and direction of Shipping and Receiving Staff.
Work Environment: Throughout the summer months, the employee may be exposed to hot and humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; hearing protection is required in all areas of the plant, 100% of the time.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
- Leadership, coaching, and training experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with software programs used in this job preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.