At Art’s Way, we believe that people are the most important factor when it comes to building and maintaining a thriving, innovative company. Each day, our team members have the opportunity to make a lasting impact while building trusting relationships with the farmers and producers we serve. We are looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about the agriculture industry that want to contribute to our growth. For over 65 years, Art’s Way is HOW WORK GETS DONE.
This person is responsible for wire feed welding multiple Art’s Way Manufacturing products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities of this job.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges and templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Recognize, setup and operate hand and powers tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment
- clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thickness of metals
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
- A minimum of 6 months manufacturing/production welding experience or a Welding Technology Diploma
- Ability to read blueprints
- Capable of performing duties without direct supervision
- Ideal candidate will be a self-started, highly motivated and a team player
- Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Weld in different positions (i.e. sitting, standing, lying down, bending, kneeling) for prolonged periods of time
- Work with arms above head, including removing items from overhead shelves
- Keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or holding arm and hand in one position
- See details at a close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Coordinate two or more limbs while sitting, standing or lying down
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.